SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

Your best repeat blooming climbers? how about yellow/apricot?

KnoxRose z7
9 years ago

Hello All!

I am just wondering what your favorite climbing roses are? I am hoping to find one that has a good repeat bloom, and some fragrance. I would love if it could be in the yellow/peach/apricot family, but I am open to a rose of any color if it has an especially good repeat & strong fragrance.

I don't necessarily need a climber that will eat my whole house, just one I can grow up the side of my house on a medium sized trellis.

I have seen these around this forum and they look alluring:
Lady Hillingdon, Crepuscule, Teasing Georgia, Buff Beauty, Golden Showers, SDLM, Don Juan, Pearly Gates, America.......
but what would you recommend? If you grow or have grown any of these, how do they do for you?

I thought that I had made my mind up and was trying to seek out Lady Hillingdon as a climber, but I cannot find her anywhere... I saw an amazing photo that was in one of David Austin's books of Miss Hillingdon growing up the side of an old brick house probably in England somewhere, so I don't really even know if this rose would do the same for me or not But I cannot find it anywhere so it may not matter. I have tried all the places in the USA that are listed on HMF with no luck ....I also have tried to seek out Crepuscle with similar disappointing results. Maybe if I check again in spring.....

any random opinions will be appreciated!

Jessica

Comments (14)