SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

ABC's and timelines please

rjinga
16 years ago

I'm completely new to the WS concept, in fact I have tried very hard to understand the concept in general...and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong on what is actually happening with WS....

Differing from just simply planting seed flats (for example inside a GH) you are putting out seeds in various types of containers (milk jugs, etc) and they are put outside?) and you are just leaving them, waiting for the weather and mother nature to complete the process? Is this just a head start way to just get them in soil or does this method speed up their growth?....WS is NOT attempting to help them along (like a GH with heat and lights etc) is that correct?

And I'm wondering about the other option...planting seeds in flats INSIDE a GH (that can be heated as needed, not using grow lights or heat pads).

Is there anyone willing to throw together a semi extended list with projected start times when to start seeds in preparation for trans-planting them in the spring? For example...start tomatoes 12 weeks before you intend to put them in the garden...

I know that many folks have this knowledge just floating around in there head from years of experience. And I would greatly appreciate the assistance :)

This would be great help...

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting