SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfrohman

Help! Leaves turning Brown on my new Red Dogwood

cfrohman
9 years ago

Hello,

Last weekend I planted a red dogwood tree in my back yard. It was shipped from a nursery in a box, and it wasn't packaged that well. When I removed it from the box, all of the leaves were green, but the leaves on the top half of the tree were strangely curled and felt not dry, but not exactly pliable.

The next day I noticed that a few of the leaves on the top foliage section had developed brown dead looking spots. Over the last week, a lot more leaves have developed this problem. I don't see any purplish ring around the brown that would indicate Anthracnose but I am also by no means an expert on this. The issue seems to be more prevalent on the top half of the tree, where the issue originated, than on the bottom section of leaves. Some of the new leaves look like they may be partly effected, but not as badly as the older leaves.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? We had a few incredibly rainy days here, as well as a few incredibly hot and sunny days here. Could it be either of these? I was wondering if it might be sunburn from being planted and then immediately after being subject to very strong sun for several days.

I have attached a few pictures to this post and would appreciate any feedback and advice.

Thanks!

Comments (3)