SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dutchrose71

Julia Child rose at Home Depot

dutchrose71
10 years ago

The Tractor Supply rose thread brings a question to mind...

I have purchased quite a few new roses this year-- I'm fortunate to have an excellent local garden center nearby and they have a nice selection of roses that typically do well here. I have purchased all of my roses there-- until last week.

I was at Home Depot last week and noticed a new shipment of roses on a pallet. Among several types of roses-- Seafoam, Nearly Wild, Home Run-- I noticed some Julia Child roses. This is a rose I had on my "next year" list.

They were in small one gallon pots and the tag on the rose was from Week's Roses-- the garden center I purchase from also has Week's Roses. The white label on the pot said "Stacy's Nursery."

The Week's Roses tag also said that these were "Own Root" roses.
At $10 a piece, I bought 2.

While I understand the benefits of purchasing from a local owner operated garden center, and do my best to support local business, I also like a bargain when I find it! :)
Are these a bargain? Do you think these are true "Weeks Roses?" And "own root?" Does it matter? All questions from a novice.

The roses appeared healthy-- just smaller than what I've been purchasing.
I also noticed some Kordes Veranda roses at Home Depot-- this is not one I had on my wishlist, but they looked nice.
I appreciate any thoughts!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida