SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedmama

The Agony , the Ecstasy and the Panic!

seedmama
15 years ago

When I first snagged lawn for perennial beds, husband was a little dumbstruck and moderately irritated. (He was out of town, and seedlings won't wait!) Three weeks into mowing season that year he was over it, realizing how much less he was going to have to do. Despite my Fang stories of him storing my jugs and soil just before Solstice, etc., he has been very supportive, and brings containers home often.

It seems, however, I have created a monster. Last weekend he rented a brush cutter and cleared out what probably amounts to 1/3 acre of planting space in shade. I was pleased because it cleaned things up a bit. Didn't give it any more thought, probably because 90% of my seed stash is for full sun. Hadn't occurred to me to plant anything.

Last night he asked, "So what are you going to plant in those new beds I made for you? What!? New beds? I have no idea. I have Astilbe from Secret Santa and Foxglove that I think will work? I think Amsonsia will be good on the perimeter. After that, I'm just lost. This is probably why I have seed catalogs in every room of the house. And the car. And the diaper bag.

Shade?! Tell me what to do!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH