SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fogrose

For gwTamara: Old Garden Rose Photos from Members

fogrose
10 years ago

There's a thread going now "Forum Picture"
Posted by bellegallica_zone9

where some of us are grumbling at the new photo at the top right of the rose forum home page. It's an Austin NOT an antique rose.

Tamara from Garden Web posted this:

"Posted by gwTamara 10 (My Page) on Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 21:45
Hi folks,
Just thought I'd stop in and explain about the photo. As you know, we've been updating the forums over the last few months. Part of the 'facelift' has been to replace some of the clipart in the headers. While I understand that sometimes change can be difficult, it's not a bad idea to sport a fresh look. No one paid us to showcase that photo. It actually belongs to Sidos_House, one of the members on this forum. She did not ask to have it placed there, but I thought it was a lovely picture and asked her if she would mind if we used it.

What we want to do is to rotate pictures in this spot and eventually have a way that you can vote for the ones that you would like to see there. We don't currently have that functionality, but hope to have it soon. In the meantime, if someone would like to start a thread and post photos that you would like to see in this spot, I'll happily swap them out occasionally.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best,

Tamara"

So I'm posting some of my favorite antique rose photos and encourage you to do the same.

I give GW permission to use any of mine.

Diane

Old Town Novato

{{gwi:287396}}

Madame Boll

{{gwi:287397}}

Belle Amour

{{gwi:287398}}

Sydonie

{{gwi:271654}}

Comments (21)