SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ssly3333

Is it Black Knot Fungus on my tree? with giant gnarly deformati

ssly3333
11 years ago

On my cherry tree, I'm getting hundreds of huge long black expanded distortions on each branch that makes sections of the branch about 10 times thicker and all gnarly and horrible looking. The tree is about eight years old, but the plums are stills one-half the size of a normal plum when fully matured, and I believe whatever this is, may be making the plums stay smaller in size.

To see a photo showing a branch of my cherry tree with its terrible black distortions and knots, please click on the LINK below titled "Here is a link that might be helpful - Photo of my gnarled branch - Black Knot Fungus????". Once on the website, you will see it (or you may have to choose the photo titled "Photo of gnarled plum tree branch").

Do you think my tree has Black Knot Fungus or could it be bugs infesting it? Are they beetles? I remember my ex-wife in the past putting beetle bait traps below the cherry tree and catching like 50 beetles! But I don't think beetles could be that small. What's your opinion? Thank you so much for your forth-coming advice and for your time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of my gnarled branch - Black Knot Fungus????

Comments (2)