SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lerosier3

Importing Roses to the US in 2013

lerosier3
10 years ago

Several years ago the US Department of Agriculture exercised the nuclear option regarding importing roses into the US. Several companies, most noticeably Pickering Roses in Canada stopped exporting completely to the US. The restriction that was the most difficult to meet was the maximum stem/cane diameter of ý inch. Budded roses are almost always larger than this. However it is still possible to import some roses as suckers. I placed an order totaling 14 roses with Rosenposten in Denmark. They used UPS to send the roses. The roses arrived 5 days after they were posted and they passed DOA inspection two days later. I was able to pick up the roses at the Seattle DOA inspection station and I can report that two weeks later all roses are doing fine. I was also happy to learn that DOA did not charge for their inspection. Supposedly they were supposed to charge for the inspection.

The roses I imported were all Pimpinellifoliae: Aicha, Burnet Marbled Pink, Else, R. Hugonis Flora Plena, Kathrin Vidar, David AustinâÂÂs Lochinvar, Marzipan, Namdalsrose, Totenvikrose, Caerulea, Ruuhi Jarva, Ruskela, Double Blush and Irish Marbled. I plan to import again next year.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals