SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Lasagna question AGAIN...regarding pulling up bermuda grass

rjinga
16 years ago

I had my garden spot pretty well controlled UNTIL the heat wave took me out of my garden and in my abscence, it had taken over with a vengence...so I'm out pulling weeds and bermuda and a million other things that grew up...We finally have a break in the heat...and it's actually not bad out there now...

I'm planning to put down newspaper and grass clippings, and kitchen waste, and pine needles and hay! In hopes that it will enhance my garden for next season and get rid of all those DARN weeds.

My problem is that I have surrounded my garden with chicken wire, and guess where the weeds are growing best? in between the chicken wire and the 6 inch concrete blocks that I had surrounded the garden with...

SO, short of taking the chicken wire down (which I dont want to do) how can I get to this stuff? Should I just try to pile up the OM on it? And all around it? I guess I could stuff newspaper in between the blocks and the wire?

I have ONE more question...should I remove the pulled up bermuda altogether? or make a sacrifice out of it and bury it under the OM?

The last thing I want is that stuff to grow back!!!

Comments (7)