SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clumsygrdner

A Newbie's Sprouts So Far

clumsygrdner
16 years ago

Well, considering the warm temps we've had yesterday and, so far, today, I figured I'd better check on my containers.

My Bachelor Buttons have started Phase One of their hostile takeover of my property. Already I'm regretting planting so many as they will now never be gone from my garden. They're pretty and prolific and I won't mention them if we ever sell this house....

In an expected alliance, my shirley poppies have joined the fray. Their containers are positively heaving from my over sowing the small seeds.

Sweet Alyssum, after an aborted start, are beginning to show again. Candytuft never quit I think. She's been sprouted since December. Some other flowers showing are, Sweet William, Dame's Rocket, English Daisies -so cute!- and some Coreopsis.

On the Veggie Front, Broccoli, Lettuce and Pak Choi 'Toy Choi' are all throwing out little legs. No green yet. But I only just sowed them this past week.

No shows so far are snapdragons, violas, pansies, Showy Primrose (Ironically...), and all my perennials, which is fine.

I also dumped some horribly fashioned containers. I was too lazy to repot them and they were probably better off just in the unused corner. I'll make sure to take pictures of that sure to be curious looking space some spring.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor