SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twobitgator04

Well, I've done it again. I killed my African Violet in one week

twobitgator04
18 years ago

I had sworn off African Violets for good as I have killed every single one IÂve ever purchased, but this is a new record.

After learning from my (many) mistakes regarding houseplant care I thought *this time* would be different.

I purchased a beautiful African violet plant from Wal-Mart a week ago. When I brought him home, he was just beautiful. The plant was covered with tons of unblemished blooms and I was so excited.

I decided this time; I would do the right thing by leaving this one alone as long as possible. - I'm very prone to over watering :(

Anyway, I placed him in my bathroom on the garden tub ledge near a window. I keep the blinds *almost* closed, letting in just a tiny bit of sunshine.

The soil was plenty moist when I purchased it, so I did not add any water. I checked each day to make sure the soil never dried out.

This beautiful plant began its decline immediately. Slowly but surely, each bloom wilted and died right before my eyes. It has been one week and every single bloom is dead, including the buds that never has a chance to open.

The leaves remain green and look just fine. So what gives? I am at a loss here, but sure you guys will be able to shed some light on this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (3)