SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbrs4me

Coffee Grounds and Paper Towels

dbrs4me
12 years ago

I am somewhat new the composting world but have read an idiot and a dummy book to help enhance my knowledge. I have found out that coffee grounds are good for compost and I have started recycling them from my office. I don't get a lot, but enough. What I have run into now is a marked lack of browns for my compost pile. As such I have stopped composting the kitchen scraps because I don't have anything to cover it with and since I live in town I am doing my best to keep the odor down. One other thing that my office has to offer is used paper towel from the rest rooms.

What I am wondering in a nut shell is this, do you think just paper towels and coffee grounds would make a good compost mix?

If this ends up being a viable option I will start collecting the kitchen scraps again, but will still add a good amount of coffee grounds to the mix so want to make sure my idea is solid. When fall rolls around I am also going to do my best to get my leaves and some of the neighbors stored in good fashion so I don't need to resort to the paper towels, but on the same note, I would be keeping some of them from the landfill.

Thanks!

Comments (14)