SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertmama_bhc

christian dior rose

desertmama_bhc
14 years ago

Hi there ! I recently (two days ago) purchased a poor, pitiful browned and dried up appearing rose called Christian Dior...it was marked half price at Walmart...so I thought for three bucks, I'd either save it or put it out of its misery ! and took him home with me.

I placed the poor thing beside Mr. Lincoln and Blue Moon, and told them to welcome him to the neighborhood.

I gave him a good drink of water, while I loaded potting soil into a fairly deep heavy plastic pot, lowered Chris into his new home,added mucho mulch and a scattering of epsom salts (my new best friend in the garden area); watered him down again, after placing the pot in light shade...then I went in the house for a nap (Walmart always tires me out!)

Later on that afternoon, I stepped outside to see how Chris was faring...I took one look at the plant and said "who are you and what did you do with Chris?!" I barely recognized him...the recovery he showed in just a few hours was remarkable !

Since that transformation, I've been searching garden sites to learn more about him...I'm a newbie to growing roses, especially in the low desert with triple digit highs and single digit humidity temps !

Long story short...too late ! I'm hoping someone can give me some background information about my Christian Dior rose ! Like the history of his "birth", the care and feeding of this brave little guy, etc. I found very few mentions of "Christian Dior" (garden variety), but nothing to really help me take care of him.

Thanks for your input !

Comments (9)