SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bebemarie_gw

Phil Edinger's Tea Noisette foundling

bebemarie
14 years ago

Have you ever purchased a rose sight unseen from Vintage based on Gregg Lowery's poetic descriptions of the flower? I have a number of times with mixed results but this time I got a winner and want to share it with you all.

Here's the online description...

"Large, rounded blooms of buff-yellow to pale butter yellow, fragrant and very abundant in spring and fall. Collected by Phil Edinger and passed to Joyce Demits who in turn gave it to the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden."

The band I received about 3 weeks ago was quite large and had several buds that I waited impatiently to open. In my cool coastal garden everything seems to take longer to bloom so I was thrilled when I went out this morning to see one of the buds had opened to reveal a glowing center that seems lit from within and nicely fragrant too. Pardon the blackspot in the background. It's from some failed Austins that don't like my climate and are due to be removed. This tea noisette seems very healthy and vigorous. It's still listed as available at the VG website so go get if if you like what you see.

{{gwi:282500}}

Diane

Comments (8)