SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristie73

Queen Elizabeth and Abe Lincoln something mixed?

kristie73
11 years ago

I have 3 bushes next to each other. Iceberg white roses (this does so good), then next to that I have a Queen Elizabeth pink roses and it didn't bloom much last year and has some dead wood but some of the wood grew into blooms. Then next to that I have an Abe Lincoln red roses (I think that is what it is). I thought that one was done because last year, it never bloomed. It had green stems and leaves but I never saw buds. It was getting crazy growth of nothing so I was going to pull it out this year because it seemed wild.

Well now the Abe Lincoln has lots of red blooms...they look different than before though. And the Queen Elizabeth is red now. It seems like it mixed with the Abe Lincoln? The bloom also looks a little different.

So what happened? I'm totally just a rookie with gardening. I just guess. So I've probably done something wrong or didn't feed it the right stuff or prune it right. What should I do if anything this time of year? The blooms are starting to look done. I should deadhead at least but why did my pink roses turn red?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!