SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

AV getting crowded

maidinmontana
15 years ago

Hi all, Im fairly new to AV's, I have one. Would like to have more but this is my expermental one to see if I can grow them.

I have had it for about 10 months. When I first got it I repotted it (which ws probably a no no) The new pot is 4" with good drainage (not a AV pot) it is ceramic. The plant is doing wonderful. It is in a bathroom where it gets northern exposure as well as light from a skylight. The leaves are very healthy looking (shinny, firm, and deep green) Every once in awhile I loose a mature leaf due to limp/soggy. I let it dry somewhat between waterings. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right, as far as what I have read. I don't get water on the leaves or stems either.

The concern I have is. . . there are now two more plants growing in the pot. They are growing quite fast, and filling in around the mother plant. The mother plant has not bloomed yet. It was in bloom when I bought it, but nothing since. Could it be the energy is going to the new plants rather than making flowers? Should I seperate the new ones into their own pots? Or should I just let it go and see if it will eventually bloom? I feed it with Eleanors VF-11 everytime I water. (They claim it will make AV's bloom non-stop. Yes/no?

Thanks to any/all advice.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor