SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christine_2010

Poor Poor Chinese Pistache

christine_2010
13 years ago

A little bit of history for you. My Chinese Pistache is 5 yrs old and last spring we had a pretty bad hail storm. Well, at that point the tree became lose and was always leaning. Due to my HOA I had to tie it back to keep it straight. North Texas has some pretty bad winds so the tree just couldn't stay tied up. The tree still went through the seasonal changes and this spring it produced nice green leaves as usual. Again, due to the winds, while the tree was blooming beautifully it was still getting pounded down on by the winds and at times I would come home from work and it was leaning in the street. I finally had help to tie it up properly with stakes with room to move, etc. Nothing was dug up and replanted just held straight up and tied up. Well, as luck would have it 4 days later(remember this was 2 weeks ago) my tree leaves are ALL dark brown and crispy. So I think after all that drama over the past year my tree died just that quick. Do you think it's a goner? Any suggestions? My entire street requires you to have 2 Chinese Pistache tree between the sidewalk and the street so I may have to get a new one. Any idea how much they cost? I'm so bummed it died!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting