SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Rosy travel

rosefolly
10 years ago

I had not intended to post on GW while I was away, as Jon's note to Jackie mentioned. I will not have internet access at all most of the time, and that is on purpose. Three things changed my mind. The first is that I want to thank Jackie for her generosity. I'll be contacting you directly once I have returned, Jackie. I'm very excited about getting a good plant of Cl Crimson Glory at last, especially after seeing Jon's again.

The second is to thank Jon for his kindness, and that of our mutual friend Joan for her kindness in once again showing us wonderful, wonderful gardens here in England. We have all had such fun! Mottisfont Abbey is as beautiful as it has ever been. Their private gardens are beyond my ability to describe with accuracy. I will say that many years ago, long before most of you were ever on GW, I once posted my dream that I wanted to create a garden that had "walls of roses". There is some question as to whether or not I will ever reach that goal, but Jon did it long ago.

The final motive is t ask whether or not any GW people will be at Sangerhausen for the conference next week. That is where I am headed, and Anita will be there as well. I was wondering whether I will have the pleasure of meeting any other old friends there. I am hoping I will run into other GW members there, whether I have yet met them in the real world or not. I probably won't get another chance to post before then, but I will be reading now and then as I am able.

Rosefolly

Comments (3)