SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bilgerat_gw

Planting two Red maples ( October Glory )

bilgerat
16 years ago

My neighbor is going to give me two red maples that his daughter needs to remove to make a bigger driveway. He doesn't know how old they are, but says they are about 10 feet tall. We will be digging up and planting these trees ourselves. I want to put them in my front yard, to shade my driveway and house, which get baked by the sun for a major part of the day. My house faces SW is a split foyer, and is about 50 feet from the road. I'm not sure how far from the house and driveway to plant these trees to get the maximum amount of shade. the driveway is on the western (left) side of the house (when your facing the house). If anybody has any experience or expertise in this area, I sure would appreciate any info you can give me. Also any planting hints would be helpful, as these are the first trees I've ever tried to plant. I'm not so sure that this is the best time to be planting trees, but I don't have alot of choice. She needs to remove the trees by monday. Thanks in advance for any help. Bill

Comments (5)