SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oliveoyl3

seed sowing event in Redmond, WA

oliveoyl3
12 years ago

Thought I'd pass this on since there are other WA residents here & not sure if they know about the Pacific Northwest Exchange forum where these events are posted.

These events are a great way to learn & garden frugally in our western WA climate. I'd love to meet you there.

Corrine

Winter Seed Exchange & Sowing/Hardwood Cuttings

Saturday January 7, 2012, 10 AM to Noon (indoors)

Right after the holidays in the cold dark of winter, we get together with our treasure troves of seeds, and dirt and pots and labels, to winter-sow perennials, trees, shrubs. These pots of seeds then go outside for cold treatment which breaks the seeds' dormancy. You won't believe the great results! Come spring they germinate in profusion.

For this event, potting soil is provided. Bring your pots, seeds, hardwood cuttings, and labels to share.

This year we will propagate hardwood cuttings of various native and ornamental shrubs. You can also divide and repot houseplants at this event.

The Green Elephant Plant Swap is hosted in North Redmond, WA, at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross; The site offers parking, covered areas, indoor facilities, kitchen, memorial garden, grass labyrinth and playground. It is five minutes from I-405 and I-520.

Directions and Maps to the Church of the Holy Cross are on the link below.

Contact/Host: Jim Eichner, phone: 425-223-7249

Street address: 11526 -- 162nd Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Elephant

Comment (1)

Sponsored