SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

i have rust!! please advise soon!

I am sooo upset. On this beautiful morning I was puttering around the garden, admiring my roses, and to my horror discovered that Burgundy Iceberg and Our Lady of Guadalupe both have rust, with BI being the worse of the two. These roses are near some choice bands of old roses recently planted (Bourbons and teas) and OLOG is practically leaning into a large Mutabilis, and what do I do now? I don't spray so do I need to take these roses out? I'm very fond of both of them but will not hesitate to do what I have to in order to save my other roses. Not too long ago I took out Pink Gruss an Aachen because it had rust, and that wasn't an easy thing to do, but I'm more concerned about the future welfare of my garden as a whole than any particular rose. At that time I noticed that Carnation, which was nearby, also had a touch of rust. I haven't checked it recently, but would it also have to go if it has rust? I need to take a long road trip in order to visit my dad in a few hours and hope that I might have a response before I leave because this is going to be on my mind until I know what to do. (I know, it's not famine or bankruptcy, but my little world has suddenly gotten a little grayer.)

Thank you for your responses. It's such a comfort to know that I will get answers from people who know how I feel, and who have the expertise to help me.

Ingrid

Comments (15)