SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

Cosmos bipinnatus Double Click Rose Bonbon

mmqchdygg
15 years ago

Any experience with these?

I'm looking for a new Cosmos, and I'm finding conflicting reports on these. I'm looking for something 3' or shorter.

T&M Reports this item as 36", Park's reports in at 48".

I've grown the Double Clicks previously, and the 48 seems more 'right' but I also used T&M brand for those, and they report the REGULAR Double click at 40", which was more like the height I originally got with them. So I'm wondering if they truly are shorter than the original Double-clicks, and also if you've grown them, what results did YOU get (realizing that YMMV depending on site/regional conditions.)

Also, is the 'show' of the Rose DC Bonbons similar to the double-clicks? (this would seem an obvious question, I guess, since they ARE called "Double Clicks.")

I found them to be a small flower in comparison to the foliage, which overpowered the bloom. Versus the Dwarf Sensations which I grew previously and the blooms were more significant in show than the foliage.

I guess what I'm ultimately looking for is a comparison between the Rose Bonbon DCs and the Original DCs as far as show & height.

Anyone wanna field this one?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting