SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peithecelt

Coffee Tree Seedlings (!)7 in a 3 inch pot

peithecelt
15 years ago

So I picked up a coffee plant a week or so ago on ebay, partly just because it made me entirely too happy to own a coffee plant of my very very own. (woo hoo for caffeine addiction).

What I found when it arrived though is that it is 7 seedlings (between 3 and 5 inches tall) all of which look great and appear to be very healthy. They are far too mixed up in the roots to be separated out at this stage in the game though without doing a whole lot of damage to their root systems, and because they're all healthy I am loathe to take any of them in thinning unless I have to..

I know that if two trees are too close, and they are both strong enough, they will fuse together into a single tree rather than one just getting all the nutrients and the other dying.. Does anyone know if these seedlings will do the same, or if I just have to suck it up, and decide in the next couple of weeks who looks healthiest, and cut everyone else back?

Thank you so much for your help

(I apologize in advance if this has been asked before, I tried every variation of search I could, and didn't find anything specifically about woody plant seedlings in this situation)..

Pei

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists