SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morrisnoor

A new flowering season in my sardinian garden

morrisnoor
16 years ago

Hi guys :o), I'm thinking it's time to share whith all you the beauty that this spring is giving me. Indeed, a very strange and unusual spring!

The warm season seems to have started early, whith january, february and march hotter than ever, making all my plants going crazy. We also have had no rain in these months, tipically part of the -few- humid months of the year. At the beginnin of april, the garden was "petrified" in an unreal atmosphere. Luckyly comes the rain, and I was amazed by the lush of the new growth produced in such a short time! Day by day, new leafs, buds and vigorous shoots appear all round the garden, bringing new life to him :o), and to me, too!

Tea Rose are ever the first to flower. In the colder days they are able to show all their amazing beauty. 'Mlle Franziska Krueger', the Easter day, near the formal water pond,

{{gwi:275666}}

Or a young 'Rival the Paestum', in the "white and blue Mediterranean Garden", in her blue glazed pot in the back of a Dorycnium hirsutum bush.

Not far from her, 'Park's Yellow Tea Scented China'was covered whith glorious nodding blooms, in shades of ivory white, and just a touch of lemon in the centre. Can't wait to see the mature plant in flower. It takes some time...

{{gwi:275667}}

{{gwi:275668}}

They where accompanied in the garden by many bulbs, like these miniature daffodils, Narcissus 'Hawera'

{{gwi:275669}}

Or bluebells, Hyacinthoides hyspanica 'Blue City'

{{gwi:275670}}

Not only Roses, but also Rock-Roses... :o)))

x Halimiocistus x wintoniensis

{{gwi:275671}}

Or Cistus x purpureus 'Alan Fradd'

{{gwi:275672}}

But the season progresses... and "real" time for roses finally arrive!

Just a "hors d'oeuvre":

my beloved 'Mme Alfred Carrie' in the pergola near the house

{{gwi:275673}}
The Austin's 'Saint Swithun' (actually one of the best A. Roses)

{{gwi:275674}}

The deliciousely fragrant 'The Reeve'

{{gwi:275675}}

and 'Radio Times'... she smells like citrus peel

{{gwi:275676}}

A Meilland's Austin's like variety, 'Colette'

{{gwi:275678}}

Then come back to the original ones... 'Queen of Sweden'

{{gwi:275680}}

This Rose reminds me a bit another queen of the garden, the Bourbon 'Mme Pierre Oger'

{{gwi:275682}}

Pale pink and blush matches perfectly crimsons and purples: 'Cardinal Hume'

{{gwi:275683}}

The unusual 'Burgundy Iceberg' (a sport of 'Iceberg' found in Australia)

{{gwi:275684}}

Some vistas of the "Rose Garden": Roses, perennials, and self-sowing annual fillers

{{gwi:275685}}

{{gwi:275686}}

{{gwi:275687}}

... more coming soon ;o)

Comments (24)