SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystic_dragon72

Another stupid newbie question.

mystic_dragon72
13 years ago

I have a question about the roses I just planted. I posted a little while ago about the one's I bought.. don't know if y'all remember but out of all the one's I bought two of them seem to suffer in direct noon-time sun. I noticed that the flower buds wilt when in direct sun even when they were still in the pots but as soon as they were moved into shade they perked back up again. We planted them last night and today I noticed that they were badly wilted again.. the same way.. only the flower buds were wilted.. the leaves were fine. I am wondering if the combination of the plants being rootbound in the pot, producing so many buds with a small root ball and then the stress of transplanting is causing the flower buds to wilt? I'm also wondering if these particular roses aren't full sun and might need to be in the shade? I sure hope not because I really don't want to have to dig them outta where they are!! Guess I should say which roses I'm talking about... Burgundy Iceberg. Says on the tag that they're full sun.. but I'm doubting that.

Any advice?

ttfn

Cheryl.

Comments (6)