SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

What are these spots on my rose leaves? (3 pix)

aliska12000
16 years ago

Pix aren't very good, should have bumped ISO to 1600, it was getting dark.

Hardly any of this on the roses on the strip on the east side of my walk, lots of roses have them on west side. Red one is Dark Lady, don't know what the second one is, real pale peach when open, and third one is Gruss which is around in another bed on the east side of the house. Also something has been nibbling little holes in Gruss.

My neighbor sprayed for dandelions and I told him I was worried about it getting on my roses and said I'd cover them up, but I don't think that's what it is because it couldn't have drifted around the corner to the Gruss and should have affected the ones on the other strip if it was that. Otherwise I might think it could be that because they are in the strip closest to his yard.

Could it be water droplets scorched by the sun? My geraniums and salvia have scorched spots on the edges of the leaves from putting in the sun too fast, but I don't think it is the same thing.

All I've done is scratched some Pennington's in the soil per directions on package, haven't sprayed or anything like that.

{{gwi:273187}}

{{gwi:273188}}

{{gwi:273189}}

Comments (16)