SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngardening24

moving plants because of changes in sun exposure

Last year we cut back neighboring tree branches that were hanging over our garden. We now have a mostly sunny garden instead of a shady one. In the last few weeks I have noticed we are getting more direct sunlight than I thought and I started moving plants again. I figure it's better to give them better spots than to lose them because of the wrong exposure.

Is anyone else doing the same thing? Even though I enjoy new garden projects it kind of frustrates me at the same time. And no matter how many times I make detailed plans with drawings and lists I always end up changing things last minute.

Currently I am working on a shade bed on the side of the fence. I am mixing astrantia with tricyrtis hirta, foxgloves in the back along the fence, toward the front are hosta now and they will be mixed with the new heucheras when they arrive. I have also planted curcuma and 2 different types of sedums.

I have a heuchera planted on the side of the house that has been doing fine but noticed today around 3 pm while the sun was facing that area some of its leaves were shriveled up. It only gets a few hours of sun and has been doing well before or do they quickly recover after some sun exposure? I hate to move it but will if I have to.

Comments (10)