SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
al_gui

Deere X304 or X324 - edging question, and 18 degrees slope

al_gui
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

New to the forum. I am buying a house (first time buyer), and I already found plenty of info in this forum on how to care for the yard, so I thought I would join.

I roughly have 2/3, maybe 3/4 of an acre of lawn, on a 1 acre lot.

I have ruled out ZTR mowers, because I have an 18 degree slope to the north side of the house, where it is often shady and wet. CR does not recommend ZTR on hills, especially when it's wet.

I have looked around, and John Deere has a couple of dealerships close by, which would make non-scheduled maintenance easy. So now I am debating whether I should get a deere X304 or a X324.

I have seen the X304 at a dealership. My concern is that the mowing deck does not protrude much, it looks actually flush with the back wheels. So the blade probably does not protrude from the back wheels, when driving in a straight line. My question to X304 owners is: in real life, does it make it difficult to edge along a flower bed, in particular in straight line, without "stepping in" with the wheels?

Also, do you think my 18 degrees slope (which is short, probably going down at 18 degrees for 30 yards or so) warrants an X324 over a X304? My feeling is that an X324 is a bit overkill for a small lawn, but am new to all this.

Your help is most appreciated - cheers!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions