I have finally started composting. My problem; there is poison oak and poison ivy and all kinds of ants in the area where I started the pile.
The ants are carpenter ants, lots of fire ants and probably a lot of other things I'm not aware of.
The pile is at the edge of a wooded area that needs to be cleared.
Should I spray the poison oak and ivy and try to get rid of the ants? Those things are mean.
I've thought about bringing in a goat to eat the poison stuff, but I would have to keep it on a chain for the area is not fenched.
I'm thinking about giving up and just letting natural take its course. With the poison oak, poison ivy plus the ants it just doesn't seem worth it.