SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierdoc_gw

Husqvarna LGT2654: satisfied customer

hoosierdoc
16 years ago

I am new to the lawn tractor realm and started with a 54" 26hp Husqvarna. I bought it at lowes with a 10% discount coupon, list price of $2300 saved me $230. Then when I went to pick it up, they hadn't assembled it like they were supposed to, and I talked them into another 10% discount. Rock. I saved about $450 on the tractor and walked away (pretax) for around $1850 on it.

I then took it to my 5+ acre lot and mowed. The back 1 acre was very overgrown to about 30" and was slow going, but it still knocked most of it down to an acceptable level. The rest was clear sailing. There is no house on the land yet so no trim and no obstacles which kept my speed up.

I wore my Garmin Forerunner 101 GPS pedometer to get some metrics on the mower, and I was very pleased. I covered 11.44 miles in 2:34, giving an average of 4.4mph for over five acres of mowing. This is with hills as well. It has a 4 gallon tank and I never had to refill during the mowing, though it looked to be on fumes at the end.

Great power. Great cutting. Great turns at speed. The downside for me was the noise, but I don't have anyting to compare it to. I had AIWA noise-cancelling headphones on which allowed me to listen to my MP3 player without issue from a volume standpoint.

Also, the cruise control level seems to lose a little bit of power compared to a full depressed throttle. Not sure why, but I found myself not using it because I wanted to get done faster.

All in all... VERY happy for the $1900 or so I paid. Highly recommend it.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH