SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smithgirl2249

help with sears engine-head gasket?

smithgirl2249
14 years ago

Help. My sears lawn tractor has been in the shop 3 times in the last 5 weeks. I have had the head replaced - then the head gasket and who knows what was done today - it still came home leaking oil and sputtering and eventually after about 15 minutes of run time will not start. It is leaking from the front, those two valves that hold down springs. This is a sears referred repair shop- I like these guys but they just can't seem to fix my tractor. They tinkered with her today until she would start and said she was good to go. I could tell after 3 minutes home she was coughing and sputtering, 15 minutes later she sputtered to a stop and won't restart. I just need some help in what direction I should encourage these tractor repair guys to

go. I am out about $800 with them so I can't take her else where and start over. Can someone give me an idea of what could be wrong so I can speak with a little knowledge and sense when I take her back in next week. I am over an hour away from their shop so it becomes an all day hassle. Help help

Comments (4)

Sponsored