SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandyinva

Lookiing for images of servicebery culitvars

sandyinva
15 years ago

Even google images is not helping me here.... Is there a site, catalogue, or book that has photos of specific cultivars of trees???? I am looking at serviceberry trees, maybe a majestic, maybe something else. All I find are pictures of blossoms, not an image of a full tree.

Comments (8)

• Embothrium
    15 years ago

Lots of Amelanchier habit photos, including those of cultivars come up for me. I think the problem is that the particular cultivars you have looked for don't happen to be as easily found.

Of course, mature specimens of some newer introductions do not exist. And you may not necessarily need to see a picture of one to find out what you need to know.

• iforgotitsonevermind
    15 years ago

They are too new to find mature images. Believe me I've looked.

• Embothrium
    15 years ago

It depends on which one you are looking for. Multiple habit shots of the commonly grown 'Autumn Brilliance' for instance are provided by Google.

• iforgotitsonevermind
    15 years ago

Have you found any mature ones? If so please tell me what you are typing in.

• sandyinva
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I haven't found pictures of mature specimans of the newer cultivars: I think it's like I forgotitsonevermiind said, they haven't been around long enough. I definitely do want some sort of serviceberry in this spot: the fact that it does not create a dense shade is a plus, as I have several small hydrangeas in that area.

Yesterday someone at a local nursery said the laevis vaiety does well as a single trunk, I am not necessarily opposed to multiple stems; I do not want it to look like a shrub, and I would prefer to keep it under 30 feet spread.

So given all that, what will make the difference for my husband is the attractiveness of the blossom and that it does not look like a bush.

• bengz6westmd
    15 years ago

There's a wild-grown, thin 35 footer just across the road from me -- I assume it's Amelanchier laevis. It'll start blooming any day now. But it's in an understory position crowded among other trees, and doesn't make much impression in a pic.

• schoolhouse_gw
    15 years ago

Like bboy,I found photos of the Autumn Brilliance in tree form. Copy and paste this link into your browser.

http://www.urbanforestryservices.com/profautbrillservberry.htm

• Iris GW
    15 years ago

It depends on how it is grown. We have two 'Autumn Brilliance' at the local elementary school and they are multi-stemmed and quite shrub like.