SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
retiredprof

Well, I'm Back--Finally!

retiredprof
13 years ago

Hi, everyone! Getting ready to WS again after a long break. Think the last time I was on the forum was Spring 09.

Anyway... much has happened in the interim. Sold my house in Wilmington, DE and bought a VERY small place in southern DE not far from Lewes. Call it downsizing combined with an interest in the small-house movement!

The place is actually a Rehoboth Beach cottage from the 40's that has been substantially rehabbed. I have a good-sized yard with a a lot of potential, and have been adding some trees and shrubs in the last few weeks. I just moved in two months ago, but didn't want to "miss" the Fall planting season.

So... now looking forward to WS again as I need to start over with perennials. Believe it or not, I literally moved two jugs of hosta babies around me with me the past year and finally got them in the ground a few weeks ago. I was determined to take something from the "old" place with me as I start over.

Some of you may remember "Big Dee" -- my devoted Dobie old lady. Sadly, Dee passed in June a few weeks before my move. Of course, as if there wasn't enough stress.... Now it's just me and Gussy Gus (rambunctious Sheltie teenager).

Very much looking forward to getting back with you wonderful folks here, doing some seed swapping, and exchanging great info.

Regards!

Prof

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting