SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherry_roma

Just put out alfalfa tea. What if?

sherryocala
13 years ago

I started some alfalfa tea with fish emulsion & liquid seaweed on Saturday, and when I went to stir it today, it had floating mold in it. So I decided to put it out now even though it's only been 3 days. It turns out that in 20 minutes I had half my garden done and the trash can refilled. Easy!! So I was thinking about using this tea to fertilize monthly (or so) during the summer. There's no way I'm putting down dry organics in the heat of summer since I don't have a death wish. I had been thinking of using Milorganite (as I did last week) but even though it's time released (a plus) and not too strenuous (another plus), it's not balanced, and it's expensive (I put out 100 lbs this time). I had planned to add epsom salts this time, but due to the hurried application I didn't have any. Does anyone think this would be a good monthly summer fertilizer with Milorganite added every other month perhaps?

Also, I think I shouldn't have added the fish & seaweed at the beginning. Maybe that's what went moldy.

I'm thinking the tea will be much easier and quicker, doing half of the garden at a time. I hope you all concur (please, please) because alfalfa is cheap to boot - though the fish & seaweed are not. But I know I can trust you all to say what you think - regardless of what I want to hear. :))

Thanks!!

Sherry

Comments (20)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor