SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorisl_gw

Visited St. Louis MO this weekend

dorisl
14 years ago

Points of Interest,

The Arch, waiting about 45 mins to get thru the metal detectors, another 15-20 mins to get thru the ticket line only to find out there was 2 hour wait to get a pod. So, we bailed on that, DH wasnt planning to go in the pod, so he'd have about 3 hrs waiting time till we got done. Im thinking about sitting in the pod for an hour on a hot humid date with the two kids arguing..... Im glad I saw it in person and more glad I skipped the ride to the top.

It was kind of a kick to the the cardinal fans getting out of the game all dressed in red an white.

St. Louis Bird Sanctuary.

Ive been waiting 10 years to visit this place. I contacted them 10 years ago planning a visit and the guy said they had not developed any visitor attractions and it was just for the birds. Now, They had some birds in cages built by scout troops. Some native birds, some exotics. It was a thrill to see the wild turkey vultures hanging out by the cages, likely drawn by the smell of the captives bird's food. We had a great hike on the trail, I had spent the whole day there, but we needed food and were only there for the weekend and had other stuff to see. Its definitely NOT a touristy kind of place, but that why I LOVED it and spent 78 bucks in the gift shop.

Missouri Botanic Garden.

OMG, this was an amazing garden. It REALLY puts the CBG to shame, as much as I hate to admit it. I loved all the begonias in the climatron and another building. The Home Demonstration gardens were amazing, i didnt know what to look at first and I was wandering around the iris garden for along time.

They actually have PLANTS in the gift shop and a HUGE seed collection. I actually BOUGHT three packs of seeds and would go back to St. Louis in a second.

Comments (10)

Sponsored