SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
narrowgauger

Another B&S 18.5 OHV Intek that needs help!

narrowgauger
12 years ago

My engine is blowing blueish white smoke. Runs for 5 secs and then quits. Gas is finding it's way into the oil. Lot's of gas runs out when I remove the spark plug. (probably due to me flooding the engine). I have reviewed (most or all) the prior postings on this issue. This same issue occured last year and the shop "cleaned" the carb and told me to put a small clamp on the gas line between the gas tank and the carb. This has worked until now.

What I've already done.....

Cleaned the carb by removing it and using carb cleaner and clearing the tiny holes with very small wire. (this was my first time doing this myself).

I've replaced the oil and filter, checked the selenoid on the carb and it's working at 12 volts.......best I can get is same smoke for 15 secs and then it quits. Smells like gas again in the oil but no gush of gas when I removed the spark plug. I've been changing the oil every winter, but not much else until the smoke problem last year when I had it serviced as I discribed above....it there some way I can determine a fix or is this a "blown gasket" since gas is finding it's way into the oil????....thanks in advance...tom

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions