SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

B&S 19.5 HP twin, Fuel pump assembly drawing!

rustyj14
15 years ago

Got a Craftsman tractor delivered to my place-it ran, but not long! Ran on choke for 20-30 seconds, then quit!

Engine Model: 42E707

Type: 2631-E1

Code: 9808045B

Owner dismantled fuel pump, cleaned it out, then reassembled it. said he thought he got it all back together correctly.

So, i got that mess delivered to my place! WOW!!

What i need is a drawing of how the spring fits in the carb!

First: Is there supposed to be the cup shaped thing in there? And, does it sit in the round depression in the fuel pump, with the spring in it and the diaphragm on top of it? Or, does it and the spring sit on top of the diaphragm? Or, is there even the open cup-shaped thing in there?! I didn't find one, but i did find the teeny coil springs inside it!

Any way, i reassembled it the way i thought it ought to be, and it pumped fuel up to and into the fuel pump, but no further.

If somebody could send me a drawing of the assembly sequence, in e-mail, i'd be eternally grateful! Check "My Page" for the address.

Also, i am never going to work on anything with a fuel pump, ever again! After all the trouble with that other engine, i'm going to stick to lawn mower engines, etc.! I'm getting too old for this stress!

Thanks for any info!

Rustyj

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH