SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dar_baz1

Ariens PTO Electric Clutch

16 years ago

Hello All

I have an Ariens 2248 High Sierra tractor.My problem is with engaging the pto.When i fired it up this year for the first time,i noticed the blades were not turning.Now admitedly im not very mechanical, but i looked under and noticed two wires, which seemed to me to be disconnected.One of the wires appeared to be coming from the pto clutch,the other was on the side.At first it seemed like there was no way they could connect,it didnt look like they could reach each other.Now here is where it gets a little foggy for me.I did happen to have a few cocktails that day,and i really cant remember what i did to get them to connect,but they fit so i went with it.I started it up,engaged the pto,and it engaged.I was very proud of myself,till i disengaged and i heard what was a sound i was sure was wrong.Looked underneath and the wire i connected from the clutch was shredded.Now i am wondering,1)what the hell did i do...2)do i need to replace the whole clutch? 3)could i have been missing some type of connector that went between these two wires?4)should i consider quitting cocktail hour??Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments (9)