SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairie_love

June Garden photos (add yours please)

prairie_love
14 years ago

I loved so much looking at the May garden photos that I thought I'd start one for June - and also introduce myself. I have dropped in on this forum from time to time to ask an occasional question or search for answers. I have gardened for many years and currently have a large area at my disposal in North Dakota. The winters make it a challenge but the springs and summers are worth the wait. I have a new camera and have been taking bird and flower pictures (and dog) so am enjoying sharing and learning about others' photographic adventures.

Ann

Some of my current bloomers:

Anenome sylvestris (yes, it is aggressive, but so happy and pretty that I put up with it)

{{gwi:238057}}

Tulips and bleeding hearts

{{gwi:238058}}

creeping phlox

{{gwi:238059}}

bergenia (one of my major favorites for spring)

{{gwi:238060}}

A nice clump of yellow tulips that is unfortunately in the place where I would like pink, purple, and lavendar ones

{{gwi:238061}}

like this - why can't this guy be in a nice clump like the yellows?

{{gwi:238062}}

In addition to the crabapples (in May thread) the Amur chokecherry is blooming nicely this year

{{gwi:238063}}

but the apple trees not so much

{{gwi:238064}}

And this is cheating because I just bought these rose bushes (to replace ones killed by our flood protection efforts this spring) - I'm sure it wouldn't be blooming yet if it had overwintered here. This is Morden Sunrise.

{{gwi:238065}}

{{gwi:238066}}

Comments (31)