SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
richard48367

engine replacement on Gravely

richard48367
16 years ago

Have an old Gravely 1238H 38"deck Hydro (looks like new and built like a tank). It came with a Kaw 460v 12.5 Hp engine. The integral valve seats burned and the engine is useless. I was able to get a Kaw FC420V-HS17-01 which is a 14HP complete replacement engine. It has the same mounting dimensions and shaft. The muffler placement is slightly different and the physical size is a little different but it will physically fit. Can I use the 14HP engine with the same electrical system that came with the original 12.5HP. I.E. just carefully reconnect to new engine. . . or are ignition systems, etc., different on engines and unique to their own specific electrical system. This 14 Hp Kaw was used on the JD 170 and LX176 and may have been used on some gravely models. Are there universal wiring diagrams? I have the Gravely wiring diagram for the old engine. I want to use this smaller tractor as a back up and especially to scoot around heavy treed or landscaped areas. Your help would be appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions