SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arne_2001

Canadian Nurseries that ship Fragrant Plum and others

arne_2001
10 years ago

Due to some health issues I have not been active in my rose garden for several years but I am getting back to it now.

I used to order from Pickering Nurseries and have ordered eighteen bare root roses. They are being shipped to me tomorrow so I I have some digging and soil prep to get done and am excited to receive them. I have ordered Ebb Tide, Big Purple, Dublin Bay, Alecs Red, and King's Macc.

My question is can anyone provide me with the names of other Canadian Nurseries, or American Nurseries for that matter who can ship to Canada.

I am looking for Fragrant Plum, St. Swithun, Stainless Steel, (my all time favorites) and Double Delight. These are some of my favorite roses, but Pickering no longer carry them with the exception of Double Delight which was out of stock.

I realize that these or not zone three roses, but I have had very good luck overwintering them simply by planting them deep and giving them nice soft soil above the graft. Stainless Steel is iffy here but I don't care. I just love the bloom and fragrance and would happily replace it every year.

Next year I am hoping to expand to some antique roses.

Thank you for any advise you can provide.

Comments (5)