SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdixon_gw

sprinklers for low pressure and flow

BDixon
18 years ago

Since we're getting ready to redo the yard AND most of my sprinklers seem to have gotten damaged I'm thinking of changing some stuff out.

Last time I checked our pressure at the hose bib(the sprinkler manifold is tee'd just before the bib) we had between 35-40 psi. Flow was around 8 gpm. We have 3/4" copper line coming into the house from the meter.

Right now I use 6 sprinklers in the back yard. Two per zone. Not sure of the brand but they're pop-up type rotors. They spray a stream and move back and forth. Schedule 40 3/4" pvc was used for the entire sprinkler system.

The problem I seem to have is the sprinkler in each zone farthest from the valve doesn't seem to put as much water out. When I change to the real big nozzles it's obvious.

Am I pretty much out of luck? Should I give some thought to redoing the entire system? Or possibly just adding a couple valves and running each sprinkler as it's own zone?This would be tough since we now have a concrete patio which covers the sprinkler lines from the valves out about 20'. It would be real tough to tunnel under that.

The reason for only 6 sprinklers is the wife doesn't want any in the yard. If I could do some form of under ground irrigation I would in a heart beat but above ground is a no go per the wife.

Thanks,

Brad

Comments (4)