SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lafutura

Controller zone detective work, adding drip line

lafutura
16 years ago

Hi there,

I am a first-time owner of a house, complete with an automated watering system. The builder installed a 6 zone Hunter XC residential controller. This brings me to my first question. All 6 zones have wired connected to the terminals. I have been able to figure out 4 of the 6 zones, as they are sprinklers. One of the other zone is a drip line, but I can't tell which of the two remaining zones is. The other one I can't tell what/where it goes to. Is there a way to figure out what zone triggers watering what part of the landscape without digging up drip line or making wild guesses? I've tried running the water on the unknown zones for a while but I still can't tell. The bushes that were planted with a drip line are doing fine, so something somewhere is working.

This brings me to question 2. I would like to install drip line around the perimeter of a lawn, which is being watered with sprinklers. I understand that I can't just tap into the line watering the lawn because it is high pressure, but is this the sort of thing that can be a DIY project, or does it need some expert help? Does it all depend on whether I truly have a free zone on my controller, or if I don't (at which point I'm really lost as to what my next step is)?

Hope these questions make sense.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Comment (1)