SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
winstonsaxonsdad

a few questions about changing my irrigation system

winstonsaxonsdad
13 years ago

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this post. My irrigation man has apparently abandoned me and I am tired of waiting for him to show up only to be disappointed when he doesn't so I am taking matters into my own hands but need some guidance.

I am going to be using my pond's water for irrigation to save the cost of paying for our city water and for the sewage tax that they are now charging on the volume of water we use so we are getting taxed twice. I plan on installing a 1 inch foot valve at the end of 20 foot suction hose connected to a 1 hp shallow well pump and from there to the irrigation system. The holes on the foot valve are pretty small but should I, or do I, need to worry about some particles of sediment that may pass through the foot valve holes and could they clog the sprinkler heads? If so, what would be the best and most practical way of preventing this?

Also, I have three sprinkler pop up heads that need to be replaced.. one that is not popping up high enough and two that are not rotating as they should be. Should I buy the same brand of replacement head or doesn't it matter? Thanks for any input or suggestions you may have.

Geoff

Comments (5)