SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehunt123

new drip irrigation setup

ehunt123
9 years ago

Hi,

I am going to be having a contractor come in and install an irrigation system for my lawn area. As part of the install, I'm having the contractor give me a separate zone (80psi/11gpm on the system) per garden bed. Each 'bed' or 'area' is a little different but my question is: from the 1" polypipe, the contractor said he can give me a 1/2" or 3/4" FPT to each area. I have a good idea of what I need to do, thanks to http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/, but I'm wondering what's the best way or method to connect up one of the kits that the many drip irrigation shops out there offer? I have no problem doing all of this myself, but I am wondering if there is a site or information on what components/order to do everything? Right now, it looks like I can install a riser off the FPT, connect up the ballvalve, install the filter then reducer, and finally run my 1/2" mainline to 1/4" individual drip nozzles.

I only ask because I see a lot of conflicting information here and am wondering what is the 'better' way to go about this. Should I be grabbing some type of mini-plasticbox to mount this assembly in before going out to the dripline?

Thanks.

Comment (1)