SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
echoman_gw

Lawn Boy M-SERIES

echoman
17 years ago

I know everyone has opinions about brands of oil and mix ratio's, but I'm looking for "facts" or "been there and done that". Last year I bought an M-series mower with very little use on it. I did have to replace the coil and decided to buy a new battery and charger for it so now I've got about $200 in it. Owned other Lawn Boys, but think this is the coolest yet, mainly due to the oil injection. To those of you out there with these models, have you disabled the injection system or continue to run them? I used it for a short period last year, and not at all this past summer. It did have the normal cracked fuel tank like most of age, which I have repaired, but managed to locate a new old stock tank which is intended for pre-mix only. When I do start to use the mower continually, I want proper engine protection. A local dealer recommending diconnecting the injection, and runnning a 50:1 mix using a quality oil such as Echo since he sells that brand as well. I'd rather leave the injection system alone and use it without sacrificing a great running mower thats got some age on it now. I LOVE NOVELTY and older power equipment! Who out there, have disconnected, for peace of mind insurance, and who still runs the injection system as made from the factory?

Comments (16)