SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meredith_e

Rose Edouard and HPs Her Majesty & Buffalo Bill

I'm seeing the first real blooms of these this year in my garden :) I'd love to hear from other folks who grow them.

Buffalo Bill I did see last year, actually. I had a question about his color from my reading. Mine's from Ashdown. He's a bright red-pink here. So bright and with red tones that I have him with Kirsten Poulsen and Happy, Cl. The late sun shines a special way by a huge tree in my yard, and he is the centerpiece, seen with the sun through his petals :)

Rose Edouard, also from Ashdown, has not yet been pink for me. He's a gorgeous red to pink. Bluer and more 'regal' than the almost tropical-brightness of Buffalo Bill. I have to wait to see if he's ever pink. I have 2 of him near Greetings, and so far the colors are lovely together.

My very first ever Her Majesty bloom is starting to unfurl. It's a production -- I think she wants a drumroll :) But she's red. Very red. I find that odd, but exciting. We'll see what color she decides to be as she opens more. One huge bloom :D

The fragrance of RE can't be beat, btw. I haven't noticed much fragrance from the others yet (Buffalo Bill is placed so he's hard to sniff, though).

I'll have to take some pics... but my pics are very bad! In any case, I thought I'd share a bit about these because you don't hear much about them :)

Comment (1)