SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gadgetgirl_gw

After starting then releasing parking brake motor wants to die

gadgetgirl
15 years ago

I recently just bought a used 301215BE snapper rear rider.

After unloading it. It started up, ran & mowed fine.

The next time I went to start it. All it did after turning the key. It just did "click, click".

So I changed the solenoid, then it was acting like it wanted to started but didnÂt.

So next I purchased a new battery, (the other wasnÂt in good shape, so I knew IÂd be needing to do this sooner or later). It sounded like it wanted to start. But it just wouldnÂt turn over.

So I examined the spark plug, the gapping on it was fine & so was the plug itself. After that the mower started up. But when I shut it off & tried to start it again. It wouldnÂt turn over again. I figured maybe I flooded it so I left for a bit.

The next several times, the mower started up fine. But when I would try and release the parking brake and take it out of neutral & put it in gear. It would start to sputter & act like it was going to die. So I pushed the brake back in. And it would idle okay again.

I did this several times & every time it did the same thing. Release brake wants to die; push brake back in idle okay. I checked the brake release under the deck & it is fine.

Is there maybe a short in the area where the choke, key & brake lock is located??

If so could you give me an idea of what to look for or which wires maybe should be where under it?

Or any other suggestions??????????

Thanks

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions