SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenn_russell_gw

Shouldn't do rotor and spray head on same zone... but....

glenn_russell
12 years ago

Hi guys-

Longtime GW memeber, but new to this forum. I usually hang out at the Fruits & Orchards forum.

I had an irrigation system put in about 2 years ago. After one contractor left be high and dry, I had another come in and finish the job. Therefore, the system is a mixture of Rainbird and Toro components. In general, it works well, and I'm happy with it.

This year, we paved the driveway. I had intentionally put in the sprinkler system before paving the driveway, for a number of reasons. But, that order sorta caused this problem.

When we paved the driveway, we wound up having to move the driveway back by about 10 feet. Previously, the zone in question serviced two areas: One larger squarish section, and one rectangular section. Now that we've moved that driveway back, that rectangular section has become quite narrow... Perhaps only 6 feet across. So, I've still got the got the squarish section with the 4 rainbird rotors, but the rectangular section seems too narrow now to do with the two rotors that are there. The real problem is that they're spraying the house.

I know conventional wisdom says that you shouldn't put rotors and spray heads on the same zone... I suspect that's because you'd be overwatering the spray area? If I don't care so much about overwatering a given smaller area, (and would prefer that over constantly wetting the house), would it really be that bad? There's no sort of restrictor that one could use to limit the flow to the spayer, is there?

Thanks in advance,

-Glenn

Comments (11)