SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mixdplate

Sprinkler to Soaker Hose/Drip System

mixdplate
11 years ago

My project to convert an existing sprinkler zone to a drip or soaker hose system is taking me 3 months of research, with what is starting to seem like "no hope" results. The main reason is to properly water my herb garden. The majority of the sprinkler heads are in the back yard and area of the garden. For the most part, I am comfortable with converting the sprinkler heads to a drip system. My dilemma is that there are 2 sprinkler heads on that zone that are on the other side of the fence separating the backyard from the front/side yard. For the most part, I would be content capping them both off. But this is Texas and I'm concerned that the lack of water along that 10 foot span of the house, would have an effect the foundation, (I could care less about the grass). My thought now is to cap the one farthest from the house and to the one closer to the house, connect a soaker hose that would be buried along that portion of the house. But I can not find any information on that type of connection or if it is even possible while having a drip system on that zone as well. Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this?

Comments (6)